AI content generator tools are more popular than ever. Their application and their impact on content marketing, PPC advertising, and other digital marketing tactics, are well known. As you read this, plenty of companies are tapping into this technology to assist marketers and writers create unique and relevant content – quickly.
In this article, I’ll discuss how AI content generation works, the benefits, and how you can start using them to start writing highly relevant, unique copy.
After a few months of testing many AI copywriting tools for content generation of different types, I’ve narrowed my favorites ones down to a list of only three. To learn which AI tool is right for you and your business situation, have a look at the summaries below. If you have any questions, regarding any of these tools, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
How do AI Writing Assistant Tools work?
AIl AI content writing tools, use the Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3 model (or GPT-3). This is a technology made available by OpenAI which is capable of predicting what naturally comes next in a sentence, based on the input given. AI content tools are basically able to generate content, which in many cases, is indistinguishable from human-created content.
GPT-3 is trained on a huge set of pages from the web, a large collection of books, and Wikipedia data. This enables the tools to not only generate human-like texts, but also answer specific questions, translate copy to a different language, and perform sentiment analysis. Do I still need to explain how useful this can be to Digital Marketers?
Why use AI Content Generator tools?
One of the biggest challenges content creators face is maximizing productivity. Creating compelling copy is not only hard work, but it can take a lot of time. Other times, a lack of inspiration can be a hurdle. It’s these issues that led me to investigate the use of AI copywriting tools.
Below are just a few benefits of using AI for content creation:
- Quickly generate unique ideas for writing engaging, original content
- Generate parts (outlines) for short blog posts or in-depth articles
- Assist you in writing headlines that get more clicks
- Help you write compelling PPC ad copy and get more conversions
- AI content is highly relevant and mostly unique
- Help you get rid of writer’s block
- Automate customer engagement (via Chatbots)
So, what did my experience with using around 10 different AI writing tools show me in practice?
Are AI Content Writing Tools worth it?
If you’re skeptical about the value that AI content creation can offer you, be assured that I was too. However, after using them for a while I can definitely say they’re worth their price. If you’re dealing with content creation in any way, you’ll want to hop on this trend quickly. The advantages of content creation with AI are countless.
The advantages that I’ve noticed:
- Improved my productivity by around two to threefold
- AI tools can give me lots, and I mean lots of ideas for content creation, which I wouldn’t have thought of otherwise
- I’ve been saving a lot of time. Researching for topics to write about and writer’s block (which I am no stranger to) are really less of an issue now
- It’s a lot easier to write long guides, tutorials, traings and articles now
While this all sounds great, however, I’d like to emphasize that AI content generation is no one-stop solution. While AI tools can generate highly relevant and compelling output, a manual editing process is still needed, to align your content to your business goals. AI cannot read your mind, nor can it read the mind of your ideal customer.
This brings me to some best practices and some ethical ways of how to use these generators for content creation.
Best practices for AI Content Writing
Once you start using these services, be aware that just copying and pasting the generated content isn’t going to be the right thing for your business. The reason is that AI content generation cannot replace your tone of voice, your personal opinion, or your tone of voice. If you want to stand out (which you want to), any content that’s produced by an AI tool needs to be edited.
While using AI to create quality content, keep in mind the following best practices:
- Keep doing manual research. This will help you understand your market and help you get the best output from the tools. AI content creation tools work better for you when you understand your market. The output is directly aligned to the input.
- Use AI as your writing assistant. Never just copy and paste generated content to your web pages. This will not result in better rankings, and even if it does right now, it won’t some time from now. Instead, generate content and edit it to fit your specific needs. Add your soul into your content Make it unique and make it yours.
- Check the uniqueness of your copy. Always use a tool like Copyscape, in order to make sure that your content is absolutely unique. Changes are that it is, however, you’ll need to be sure in order to avoid getting penalized by Google.
- Optimize the content to be SEO-friendly. Even though AI content is fairly unique and highly relevant (this is good for your rankings), you’ll still need to optimize the content manually. I use Frase.io for optimization, but you can use any tool of your choice. The optimization process will help you rank the content more quickly.
You might also like: AI writing tips every Digital Marketer and Copywriter needs to know
What are the best AI content generators?
If you’ve been looking to start using AI content generators, you’ll have noticed how many there are to choose from. Because many of them seem similar on the surface, it can be difficult to know which one is best for your specific situation. That being said, as a digital marketer, content creator, and online entrepreneur, I’ve found that only a few stand out for me.
Below, I’ll go over the AI content generators that got my attention over the past few months.
My top picks are based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the output (GPT-3 has several levels of output quality).
- Speed and ease at which you can produce high-quality content.
- Pricing. If you’re going to pay for any AI content tool, you better be sure you get one of the better ones.
Jarvis, also known as conversion.ai uses templates in order to provide input for content generation. These templates allow for a focused, easy input method that’s narrowed down to your exact needs. Popular templates are blog post outlines, AIDA Framework, Product descriptions Facebook ad Headlines, Quora answers, and many more.
Jarvis | conversion.ai also provides a long-form editor, which will generate output through commands. By merely typing into the editor (asking it something), the AI will provide an appropriate response. For example, you can type: “what are the benefits of AI content generators for copywriters and startups?”. The results will be unique, relevant AI-generated content.
Everything, from short-form copy for paid advertising, to long-form article writing. Jarvis | conversion.ai is a complete suite of tools, focused on digital marketing professionals. Long-form content generation in the editor offers an excellent workflow with stunning output quality.
- The output quality is Fantastic. Like all three tools in this list. Conversion.ai uses the best GPT-3 engines in order to generate the highest quality output.
- Jarvis long-form editing in ‘bossmode’ enables you to write high-quality, long-form copy quicker than any tool on the market. Using the commands makes editing, generating compelling copy incredibly fast (and fun!).
- Jarvis gets better over time, as it learns from the input, in order to generate even better quality output for you.
- Jarvis, as a product, is continuously being improved. One of the ways they’ve done this is by acquiring shortly (2nd in my list) and implementing all the good things it has to offer into Jarvis.
- Support is awesome. They’re helpful and responsive.
- 7-day free trial
ShortlyAI is a great AI content generator tool for creating long-form content. The user experience is extremely clean and the workflow is very streamlined. Unlike the other tools, the AI inputs are done in the editor, by entering commands. Because of this workflow, it’s possible to get creative and tweak the input to get great output.
Everything. It’s great for long-form copy, however, once you get used to using the commands, you can use it to generate anything from blog or advertisement headlines, to blog article outlines, or everything that you think of.
- The output quality is good. Like with Jarvis, I believe this has to do with the fact that you can see all the content in the editor while typing a command to get new output. It allows you to be completely immersed in the article.
- Clean experience. it’s easy to use and it allows for your creative input into the workflow. You decide how you work (for the most part), instead of having to switch from screen to screen, filling in forms. It’s easy to stay focused on the task at hand, which is creating high-value content.
- ‘Unlimited’ usage. Many AI tools limit you to the number of runs or amount of content that can be generated. Remember that this is fair policy use of course.
- I would like to see more commands at my disposal.
- 7-day free trial. This is not stated on the sales page, but I was told this by one of the co-owners of the tool. The same policy applies to shortly as it does to conversion.ai.
Copy.AI is the cheapest tool of the three. You can choose what type of content you’d like to generate in the menu. Like conversion.ai this tool also uses templates in order to generate output.
The user experience is straightforward, yet I found the presentation of the output to be a little bit messy. However, it’s still cleaner than many others.
Copy.ai is a great choice for those who are looking to get content ideas for short copy, such as Facebook advertisements, G ads copy, blog headlines, and outlines. The service does not provide a long-form editor, like the other tools.
Short-form copy, such as headlines, advertisements (G ads, FB ads, and the like), and anything else that’s not long-form copy.
- It’s easy to use. Straightforward.
- The output quality is mostly good. However, I still miss being able to get creative with editor commands. It’s just missing a little bit of creative control.
- It won’t break the bank. It’s the cheapest tool of the three, but still looks professional and offers a clean writing experience.
- Sometimes, when I try to generate content too quickly. I get a message that I need to wait 30 seconds before I can continue. I haven’t experienced this with the other tools.
- 7-day free trial.
When it comes to creating quality content for your web pages, artificial intelligence can definitely be of help. These content creation tools can improve the quality of your writing and increase efficiency. Not only does this save time and money, but it also makes the content writing process more fun.