Cookies are placed when they are necessary for the site to function properly, to show you targeted advertising messages on other sites, and to improve the services to the visitors. ‘Improve the services to the visitors’ means that I am able to assess which content is more popular so that I can focus my energy on delivering better suiting web pages to you (the reader) and serve you advertisement messages which are relevant to your interest(s) instead of showing you ads which are irrelevant to your liking.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHY THEY ARE USED
Cookies are small pieces of text that are placed on your computer. They hold simple information for various different reasons. Cookies can be deleted anytime. There are different types of cookies, for different tools and they all have different functions.
Cookies have a specific lifetime set to them. This means that after this time passes, the cookie deletes itself.
We place cookies because the bits of information that the cookie holds make it possible for us to:
- improve the way the site works,
- serve you better content, because it’s more relevant to your interest(s),
- increase our reach by using targeted advertising. This means that if we run advertising through one of our trusted partners, you might see advertising messages that are relevant to your interests, instead of irrelevant ads.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES AND WHAT THEY’RE FOR
- Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that are deleted once you end your session. Session Cookies make sure that you remain recognized when you move from page to page within one site, and this way you are not required to e.g. log in.
- Functionality Cookies – these enable using the basic features of sites (e.g. remembering information about sites visited in order to enable ‘recalling’ them upon visitor’s request).
- Analytical Cookies – these provide analytical and statistical information about your site use.
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies – these allow measuring the effects of our advertising campaigns and personalizing advertising messages for individual users on this and other sites. Using these cookies enables us to show you advertising messages which are tailored to your interests, instead of serving you ads that are unrelated to your like(s) and interest(s).
Below you can find the list of third-party Cookies and an outline of the purposes for which we use them on our Site. You can be sure that we work with renowned and trusted vendors, who ensure a transparent approach to privacy. Such vendors have their own privacy policies with respect to the protection of Personal Data and using Cookie technology. We recommend that you read their privacy policies so that you can understand the manner in which your Personal Information will be handled by these providers.
Analytics cookies that are used
Google Analytics allows us to measure and thoroughly analyze the traffic on our Site. With this information, we can make informed decisions about what content is relevant for our audience and which content is less relevant. We basically use Google Analytics to optimize the choices we make about the type of content we publish on this website.
Google Optimize allows us to test our site solutions and personalize them in order to deliver engaging content to Visitors and End Users. With the Google Optimize service, we are able to test different web pages against each other and determine which of the two are more interesting to our readers (A/B split test). Based on the results we will continue adding more content to the site that is of more interest to our audience(s).
We use Hotjar to personalize our Site, collect your feedback and analyze site traffic. This enables us to make choices about the content we deliver. It allows us to analyze which content is most popular with our readers so that we can give them more of that type of content.
Targeting and Advertising cookies that are used
We have embedded a Facebook pixel on our site. This allows us to serve relevant messages across Facebook to our readers. Furthermore, it helps us make advertising messages more relevant to our audience and lets us analyze some site statistics, such as number of conversions.
- About the Facebook pixel
We use Google Adwords, to extend the reach of our advertisement messages and campaigns. The service allows us to serve relevant advertisements to our readers as well as introduce them to our newest content.
Opting out and removing cookies
Cookies can be removed at any time, and there are several ways of doing so. You can:
- Delete them through these online tools:
- Delete them manually from your browser menu. See the following links on how this is done for different browsers: