- No privacy-sensitive data is stored about you unless you give consent to do so. For example: if you subscribe to one of our email newsletters.
- No personally identifying data is stored in the web server logs. Actually, no logs are held at all, meaning that your IP address is not stored on the server.
- Whenever I work with partners who store IP addresses, I make sure they comply with EU privacy law.
- I only work with partners who comply with EU and Global privacy laws and/or directives. You can find a list of partners and links to their privacy and cookie policies further down this page.
- You may opt-out of the cookies we use at any time, however, this might have an influence on the operation of the website or the personalized experience that’s delivered.
- You have the right to opt-out of email subscriptions whenever you want. There is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email sent to you.
- I use analytics tools, tracking services, and advertising services, which are compliant with the EU privacy law and are registered with the US-EU privacy shield. Partners are selected to be of the highest quality in regard to their service as well as their privacy and security policies.
- If you subscribe to any of my email newsletters, I will send you updates about my content, send you important notifications (updates to the site), messages about my services, and commercial messages in which I promote products and/or services, which I feel could be of interest to you.
Personal information that’s collected
When you visit the site, certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, (anonymized) IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device is collected. Additionally, as you browse the site, information about the individual web pages you view, which links you click, what websites or search terms referred you to the site, and information about how you interact with the site is collected.
From this point on automatically-collected information will be referred to as “Device Information”.
The purpose of collecting device information is to better understand how visitors use this website so that better choices can be made about the content served to the audience(s) and the optimization of specific advertising message(s). For example: if I notice that a certain topic (or article) on the site is more popular than others, I might serve my audience more similar content. In regard to advertising messaging, choices based on device information are made in order to make the message(s) more interesting for new audiences and more relevant to existing audiences.
Device Information is collected using the following technologies:
- “Email subscription forms” – these are used in order to collect your name and email address when you decide to sign up for one of the newsletters. All forms on this website are compliant with EU privacy law.
How personal data is used
We use the information which we collect to make a better choice about the type of content we serve our audience. This means that we analyze the aggregated information we collect and determine which articles, videos, email articles, product offers, and so forth, our audience(s) are most engaged with. Based on the conclusions we draw from this information this we decide which new content to add to the site.
Additionally, we use the device information that we collect to help improve and optimize the functioning of our Site. For example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the site, we can redesign the user experience to better suit the needs of our visitors (think about better and more clear navigation to certain parts of the site).
We also use the information we collect from cookies to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns. In some cases, we use the information in the cookies in order to set up advertising and where applicable retargeting campaigns. Retargeting campaigns are advertising campaigns that allow us to serve you relevant and personalized advertisement or commercial messages on other sites.
Cookies and Tracking technologies
We use tracking technologies, such as cookies and pixel tags on this site.
Cookies are small pieces of text that are placed on your computer. They hold simple information for various different reasons. Cookies can be deleted at any time. There are different types of cookies, for different tools and they all have different functions. These cookies have a specific lifetime set to them. This means that after this time passes, the cookie deletes itself.
We place cookies because the bits of information that the cookie holds make it possible for us to:
- improve the way the site works,
- serve you better content, because it’s more relevant to your interest(s),
- increase our reach by using targeted advertising and retargeting advertising. This means that if we run advertising through one of our trusted partners, you might see advertising messages that are relevant to your interests, instead of irrelevant ads on other sites. In this case, the messages will be relevant to your interests. If you opt-out of cookies, you will still see advertising on other sites, however, the chances are bigger that the ads will be irrelevant to your interests.
Sharing or Transferring your personal information
We share your personal information with EU privacy law compliant partner to help us use your Personal Information, as described in the paragraphs above. Whenever our partners are not located in the EU, we make sure that our partners are registered members of the US-EU Privacy Shield, to ensure the security of your personal information.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) educational page.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Opting out of targeted advertising
We use targeted advertising technologies in order to improve the relevance of the advertisement message for our audience and in order to increase our reach. You can opt-out of the cookies that make this possible in several ways, however, you this does not mean that you will suddenly not see ads. It means that you will not see our advertisements messages, which are tailored to your interest and might see relevant messages from other companies that use the same advertising services as we do.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Your rights as an EU citizen
Retaining, modifying, and erasing your information
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the form on the contact page.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including Canada and the United States to our trusted partners.
Changes to this policy
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact me by using the form on this page.