Digital marketing is multi-faceted. In order to compete, it’s necessary to leverage the correct channels, connect with the right audience, and effectively communicate your objective. To accomplish this, you have to work systematically and be creative. Additionally, each business and every industry has its own unique challenges.
Generally, my work is based on the following phases:
1. Research and assessments
I utilize a ‘full-stack’, process-based approach. This allows me to deliver custom solutions for a business’ specific needs. It all starts with a thorough assessment of your current strategy and activities. This enables me to identify what’s needed to build and an effective plan or identify how your current situation can be improved.
Examples of audits I do are:
- Online Market Research – Mapping of the online market in which a business is, or plans to be active in. Depending on the situation, the focus of online marketing strategies can be on: getting to know the audience, competitive analysis, how to attack the market, which channels are most effective, content marketing plans, etc.
- Optimization – Analysis of optimization activities. Focus can be on: which action is necessary for gaining higher ranking in search engines (SEO), content optimization, and conversion optimization (CRO)
- Analytics and tracking – Assessment of the data organization surrounding your online marketing. Are you measuring the correct KPI’s? How can we start measuring the most important data-points for your business? How can existing analytics and tracking be improved? Etc.
2. Digital marketing plan
Conclusions, concepts, and ideas, resulting from research and assessment are documented in a structured report. This plan presents an overview of goals, ideas, conclusions and advised actions – amongst other necessary things. The digital marketing plan is written in easy to understand language, and functions as a guideline for reaching your marketing goals.
Depending on your demands, examples of plans can be:
- Digital marketing plan – can contain numerous types of information.
- Optimization plan – a description of the results found by an optimization assessment.
- Traffic generation plan – advise on how to increase or improve traffic to your website.
- Analytics / Measurement – How to implement better measurement of data points.
- Conversion Optimization plan – How to increase conversions (leads, sales)
3. Implementation (if applicable)
Having a great plan in place is one thing. In online marketing, however, zero action equals no results. I can help you systematically implement your strategy by teaching you or your team how to do this yourself, or, if mutually agreed, implement activities myself.
Examples of implementation are:
- Content marketing execution – the writing of optimized articles.
- Setting and managing paid advertising campaigns
- Web Analytics and Tracking setup
- WordPress and Woocommerce related tasks
- A/B split testing of landing pages
- Multivariate testing
Click on the links below to learn more about what I do in detail: