I place cookies when they are necessary for the site to function properly, to show you targeted advertising messages on other sites, and to improve my service to my visitor. Improve my services to my visitors’ means that I am able to assess which content is more popular so that I can focus my energy on delivering better suiting web pages to you (my reader) and serve you advertisement messages which are relevant to my interest(s) instead of showing you ads which are irrelevant to my liking(s).
Table of contents
1. What are cookies and why I use them
2. Different types of cookies I use
3. How to remove/delete placed cookies
4. Analytical cookies I use
5. (re)targeting and advertising cookies I use
7. Contact us
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHY DO I USE THEM?
Cookies are small pieces of text that are placed on your computer. They hold simple information for various different reasons. Cookies can be deleted anytime. There are different types of cookies, for different tools and they all have different functions.
Cookies have a specific lifetime set to them. This means that after this time passes, the cookie deletes itself.
I place cookies because the bits of information that the cookie holds make it possible for us to:
- improve the way the site works,
- serve you better content, because it’s more relevant to your interest(s),
- increase my reach by using targeted advertising. This means that if I run advertising through one of my trusted partners, you might see advertising messages that are relevant to your interests, instead of irrelevant ads.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES AND WHAT THEY’RE FOR
- Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that are deleted once you end your session. Session Cookies make sure that you remain recognized when you move from page to page within one site, and this way you are not required to e.g. log in.
- Functionality Cookies – these enable using the basic features of sites (e.g. remembering information about sites visited in order to enable ‘recalling’ them upon visitor’s request).
- Analytical Cookies – these provide analytical and statistical information about your site use.
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies – these allow measuring the effects of my advertising campaigns and personalizing advertising messages for individual users on this and other sites. Using these cookies enables us to show you advertising messages which are tailored to your interests, instead of serving you ads which are unrelated to your like(s) and interest(s).
Below you can find the list of third-party Cookies and outline of the purposes for which I use them on my Site. You can be sure that I work with renowned and trusted vendors, who ensure a transparent approach to privacy. Such vendors have their own privacy policies in respect to the protection of Personal Data and using of Cookie technology. I recommend that you read their privacy policies so that you can understand the manner in which your Personal Information will be handled by these providers.
Analytical Cookies I use
Google Analytics allows us to measure and thoroughly analyze the traffic on my Site. With this information, I can make informed decisions about what content is relevant for my audience and which content is less relevant. I basically use Google Analytics to optimize the choices I make about the type of content I publish on this website.
Google Optimize allows us to test my site solutions and personalize them in order to deliver engaging content to Visitors and End Users. With the Google Optimize service, I are able to test different web pages against each other and determine which of the two are more interesting to my readers (A/B split test). Based on the results I will continue adding more content to the site that is of more interest to my audience(s).
I use Hotjar to personalize my Site, collect your feedback and analyze site traffic. This enables us to make choices about the content I deliver. It allows us to analyze which content is most popular with my readers so that I can give them more or that type of content.
Targeting and Advertising cookies I use
Adroll is a service that enables us to extend my reach around the web. It allows us to make advertising messages more relevant to my audience. This means that on certain (3rd party) sites, my readers might be served relevant (and hopefully for them interesting advertisement messages), instead of non-relevant ads.
As a Google Company, DoubleClick allows us to extend my reach while delivering relevant advertisement messages on certain (3rd party) sites to my readers. My aim is to serve advertisement messages that are relevant to their interest(s) instead of showing irrelevant ads.
I have embedded a Facebook pixel on my site. This allows us to serve relevant messages across Facebook to my readers. Furthermore, it helps us make advertising messages more relevant to my audience and lets me analyze some site statistics, such as a number of conversions.
I use Google Adwords, to extend the reach of my advertisement messages and campaigns. The service allows us to serve relevant advertising to my readers as well as introduce them to my newest content.
OPTING-OUT AND REMOVING COOKIES
Cookies can be removed at any time, and there are several ways of doing so. You can:
- Delete them through these online tools:
- Delete them manually from your browser menu. See the following links on how this is done for different browsers:
For more information about cookies, you may also visit this link.